Summarise checked vs unchecked boxes

Good afternoon,

I have an agenda sheet with followup items for a meeting. When the followup items are complete, a user ticks a checkbox.

On a dashboard for presentation at the next meeting, I want to create a stacked column graph that shows total follow-up tasks split into checked and unchecked.

I have the data available in a report like this:

I want a graph that looks like this:

How can I do this?

Thanks.

Answers

• MVP OPS
    MVP OPS ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello,

There are a couple ways you can complete this. You could use the sheet summary to create the fields that count the tasks completed. Use a countif formula in the fields.

Then create a summary report and build your dashboard widget from that report.

The other option is to have a rollup sheet, add your columns with countif formulas and build your widget from the roll up sheet.

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions.

Brad

MVP OPS

best,

Brad

www.MVPOPS.com

• Hello,

With the COUNTIF function, how could I achieve the stacked column graph in a dashboard report?

Thanks

• MVP OPS
    MVP OPS ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello, you would create a sheet summary report first. Then build your dashboard widget from the sheet summary report.

If you did a roll up sheet you would select the columns representing your data and then create the stacked graph on the dashboard.

I hope this helps.

Brad

MVP OPS

best,

Brad

www.MVPOPS.com