DocuSign Integration

Hi,

Has anyone had a similar issue, I am trying to generate a document within smartsheet to map with docusign. However, when I get to the Assign Roles, I select my roles emails, and I can't move forward? I created a smartsheet form to be filled out by our managers. The managers will add in their email to be able to sign using docuSign. However, I can't generate the document or configure it to start the process. I am stuck in the assign roles portion? I created a similar process, and when I check the configuration to see the roles to try to mimic, it displays a blank screen.

Help

Answers

• MVP OPS
    MVP OPS ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello,

I ran into this problem once before. I had made changes in the docusign template then returned to the document in document builder.

My solution was to delete the document builder doc from smartsheet. Then rebuild it in document builder and it worked fine afterwards.

Did you make changes in the docusign template regarding roles after it had already been mapped?

Hope this helps.

best,

Brad

www.MVPOPS.com

• Thank you for your response.

I haven't made any changes to the roles and have not been able to map anything in this specific sheet :(.

I currently have 5 Recipients in DocuSign. Three of them are assigned and mapped in DocuSign to emails and names. Two of them are blank in DocuSign. However, in smartsheet I created a column in which the 2 other recipients can add their emails and use that column to send out the docuSign. I created a similar workflow before but for some reason, this time around it seems to not work.

• MVP OPS
    MVP OPS ✭✭✭✭✭

No problem @lilygomesa

If all else fails, create a duplicate docusign mapping in document builder and see if it works. If it causes the same error as your getting now. You can take next steps and report issue to smartsheet.

best,

Brad

www.MVPOPS.com

• Just tried and it seems not to work.

Thank you I appreciate your response. I will connect with smartsheet tor report the issue. :)

• JayF
    JayF ✭✭

Hello @MVP OPS , I'm actually running into this exact problem, a spreadsheet has been used for new employees and the docusign is mapped, but I went into docusign directly and made adjustments to roles, and now the document won't generate when I try and send through Smartsheets. I was going to delete and rebuild with the updated template/roles but when I select "add tracking column" it says there's already one named that. My question is if I delete the existing mapping what will be deleted on the sheet? I just want to make sure all the info that's on there currently will stay including the tracking column that was generated previously. Hoping you can help, thanks!

• Lesa Weaver
    Lesa Weaver ✭✭✭

Hello @JayF

We have figured out that we have to delete our tracking column in the sheet each time we use a different template so it will create and link to the new tracking column with the same name.

If you can't delete the column because you need to keep the old tracking data, you can use a different tracking column name but then you will have the old one with only the previous tracking data and the new one with just the future tracking data.

Hope this helps.