Project Workflow Automation Help Request

Trying to add more automation to our project workflow through a portfolio. Unfortunately Command Center isn't an option now.

1) A project is submitted through a survey that lands on a project request intake sheet.

2) The intake form is used to create a project roadmap to track future and current projects.

3) When project is approved I manually "save as new" from our project template set of reports. The fields from the project request are manually entered into the project sheet.

4) Manually enter in the project links to the roadmap.

5) Manually add fields to project metrics breakdown sheet that feeds into 4 different dashboards.

Ideally would like every connected to cut down on manual steps. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Below is a visual of the workflow.

Best Answer

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Gregory Zalecki

I hope you're well and safe!

One way to improve it would be to add a summary section and use cross-sheet formulas and an INDEX/MATCH combination to input an ID to collect the information from the Intake sheet. (If you're not already doing it)

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers