Notification when a specific task changes

Options
PMOGal
PMOGal ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi. I would like to configure workflows or notifications so that if something changes (say a conversation) in a particular task, then the people who are listed in the notification column will get an email notification. We are going to assign tasks to team members, so not everyone will want a notification when every task changes or is updated. Thank you.

Best Answer

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@PMOGal

Happy to help!

Ensure that you've checked the Sheet Change Notification Settings box to Include my changes in sheet notifications in your Personal Settings (circle/profile in the lower-left corner).

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers

• PMOGal
    PMOGal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

.... basically, I want a watchlist for certain tasks.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @PMOGal

I hope you're well and safe!

You could add a so-called helper column. For example, it could be an checkbox, and if it's checked, it could be included in the Workflow for specific tasks.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• PMOGal
    PMOGal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sorry, No. It looks like I have to create a workflow for each task because not everyone on this team wants to be notified for each task.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@PMOGal

How many people do you have on your team?

• PMOGal
    PMOGal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Andree. Thank you for your continued help. We are a large organization. I may have people outside the immediate team who want to join the watchlist.

I have decided to go down the road of creating a workflow for each task (we have about 20 tasks currently). I created 3 of the tasks and I am not getting notified. I create a column "Watch List". Here's my process:

1. Task name
    2. Trigger: When rows are added or changed
    3. Actions: Alert someone
    4. Recipients: Contacts in "Watch List"

My challenge is for my test I made a change and I did not get notified.

Where do I need to look?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@PMOGal

Happy to help!

Ensure that you've checked the Sheet Change Notification Settings box to Include my changes in sheet notifications in your Personal Settings (circle/profile in the lower-left corner).

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic day!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!