Bar Chart is not scaling to include all data

I have a bar chart with 4 data points: 71, 3, 0, 2. The vertical axis is scaling 0 - 3.5, so it only fits the smaller numbers and it has no bar for the 71. It prints the number 71 under the horizontal axis labels, under the number 0. How can I get the vertical axis to scale correctly (0-71+) and include a bar for the 71? The column label for the 71 is not included in the legend either. The legend should say "In Progress", "At Risk", "Unable to Make Date", "Date Not Yet Set".

Answers

• SusanH
    SusanH ✭✭

I attached the bar chart above in the first image and the selected source data with column headings in the second image.

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@SusanH

Hi Susan. I recreated your sheet/chart and it's doing the same for me when I direct it to the Sheet. However, when I created a report from the sheet it displayed just fine.

From Sheet:

From Report:

• SusanH
    SusanH ✭✭

Thanks very much, @Mike TV . I was able to create a report to do this and it worked. Somehow, while editing the chart, it started behaving the same way even with the report data. I deleted the chart in my dashboard, saved it, opened it and added a new chart that again worked. I think someone at SmartSheet needs to look at why it doesn't work from a worksheet, but I'm happy to have a workaround!

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Genevieve P.

Hi Genevieve. Do you have any input on why charts built from sheets do not display in the same way as charts from reports? I tried looking for info on that but didn't find anything.

• Hi @Mike TV and @SusanH

Thanks for the tag!

Yes, so when you select a specific cell range in a Sheet, the Chart thinks you want the first column to be the Labels and the other columns to be the values. It auto-selects this checkmark:

If you un-check this, you'll see your first column appear as a bar in the chart, instead:

Cheers,

Genevieve