Dynamic View error when adding group members

User251
User251 ✭✭✭✭
edited 06/04/22 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi

I am getting the error below when adding group members. I created another group with members that have the same domain and that I did not add to my account.

Best Answer

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator
    edited 06/04/22 Answer ✓

Hi @User251,

The error message that you receive occurs when a System Administrator restricts Group access to account members only as explained here . 

If you wish to review this policy or add specific users who don't belong to the account need to be added to one of your groups, you may want to speak with the main contact in your account. You can find this by navigating to the

icon in your Smartsheet core application and selecting "Account Admin".

I hope this can clarify the reason for the error experienced.

Cheers!

Julio

Answers

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator
    edited 06/04/22 Answer ✓

Hi @User251,

The error message that you receive occurs when a System Administrator restricts Group access to account members only as explained here . 

If you wish to review this policy or add specific users who don't belong to the account need to be added to one of your groups, you may want to speak with the main contact in your account. You can find this by navigating to the

icon in your Smartsheet core application and selecting "Account Admin".

I hope this can clarify the reason for the error experienced.

Cheers!

Julio

• User251
    User251 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you, @Julio S. , for your answer. That was helpful. I was surprised to see the error because I assumed that all of our organization's staff could be automatically added to groups. I've just sent a request to our Admin to add the users I need to my account.

Thanks again!