Automating return to previous value (assignee)

I'm looking for a way to automate changing a cell back to a previous value. Let me provide some context:

Person A is assigned to a ticket (row). They complete an action which changes the Assignee to Person C

Person B is assigned another ticket. They complete an action which changes the Assignee to Person C

Person C checks an approve/deny checkbox for each of the two tickets and the tickets are returned to their owner for further action.

How do I automate the process of the Assignee changing back to the person that sent the ticket to Person C?

So far, the only fix I have is to create a 'requestor' column, which Person A adds their name to before sending to Person C. This gives me a condition to work with but adds more complexity for the user. I want them to simply be able to drag the card to the next lane and wait for it to come back to them.

Any advice appreciated.

Answers

• Dale Murphy
    Dale Murphy ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@SeanPM Person C looks like an approver, not an assignee. person A and B should send completed tasks to C for approval. Most task management processes have "Assigned To" and "Approved By" as part of the flow.

You probably want columns for each, and to base workflow on them. E.g., that "send for approval" could be automated based on the actions of A or B ...

Make sense?

dm