Is there a way to merge attachments that weren't saved as new versions?

We use versioning in our attachments as they go through their approval process in Smartsheet. We have struggled with some who will attach their edits as a separate document rather than a new version of the existing document. Is there any way to merge those as the same document after-the-fact, or do you have to download, re-upload as a new version, and then delete the extra attachment? This works but then it doesn't reflect who actually uploaded the edits and will instead show the person who was cleaning up the sheet. Thanks!

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Unfortunately you have to download, upload as new version, and delete the old version.

It would definitely be nice if we could merge after the fact though. Feel free to Submit a Product Enhancement Request when you have a moment.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Unfortunately you have to download, upload as new version, and delete the old version.

It would definitely be nice if we could merge after the fact though. Feel free to Submit a Product Enhancement Request when you have a moment.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com