Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Changing the Functionality of the Top Tabs

Options
Claire Diener
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

It would be great if there were options for the top tabs display. For instance, I have some sheets that have long names, but it would be really nice to have only the first word or two (or a character limit name) show on the top so that I could fit more tabs on the screen without having to use the pull down all the time. 

Tags:

Comments

• Laura
    Laura ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Good Idea!

Don't forget to request it through a Product Enhancement Request!

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I would like something similar. 

Perhaps a Display value for the Tab displays as part of the Sheet Properties.

I don't necessarily wants this choice to always be made for me though. I have many sheets that have the same or similar names ... long names with dates at the end for example. I need to be able to differentiate them. Would my choices (if I had them) apply to other users or would they have their own? What about Viewers and Editors that can't change such things? Can the SysAdmin make those choices for them?

Without some sort of configurability, this change won't please everyone.

Craig

This discussion has been closed.