Calendar view for a year

MCP
MCP
edited 06/15/22 in Smartsheet Basics

This comment was made in 2016:

"I mapped out key dates (for a full year) for the organization for which I work. I know how to get the Gantt chart view, but we want a Calendar view that displays all 12 months at once. Does anyone know of a way to display 12 months at a time, instead of only 1-4 weeks?"

It is now 2022. This feature still does not exist.

There are dozens (hundreds?) of basic feature requests that are years old.

• Assigning colors to Gantt chart roll-up task bars. Right now all roll-up bars of subsidiary tasks are gray. Unless you view them on a report. Then they get their conditional formatting. WTF? If you can apply conditional formatting to the bar on a report why can't you apply it on the original chart? How hard can this be?
  • Assigning user colors for the circle badges with their initials. This is literally a number. When you edit a user why can't you edit this number?

I could go on for days; the forum certainly has. So this leads to the question:

What do you guys _do_ all day?

(Note: I would have put this in the Ideas & Features Request category but that category is not selectable from your list.)

Comments

• Hi @MCP

Thank you for your feedback! If you would like to post your three feature requests as ideas for other members to vote on and make visible to the Product team, please create three separate Idea type of posts in the Community under the topic Smartsheet Product Feedback & Ideas.

Here are some guidelines for how to post as effectively as possible: FAQs and Guidelines for posting Product Feedback Ideas

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• All of those features have already been posted, and voted on, years ago.

I totally understand that no one wants a piece of software that is 100% configurable; that just makes a mess of options that are too hard to turn into a consistent work flow.

But smartsheets, like Atlassian, seems to overlook basic concepts for years. I honestly do not understand what your programmers do all day.

Here is a question you could answer: do Smartsheet corporate Project Managers use smartsheets to manage their projects?

• Hi @MCP

My apologies, I should have been more clear. As of just this week, we have a new area in the Community that our Product team will be reviewing monthly for new ideas! This didn't exist before in the Community.

Even though previous posts have talked about suggestions, members needed to submit the Feedback form to send that idea to the Product team. You're welcome to submit that form as well.

To answer your question, yes. We all use Smartsheet internally to manage our projects. 🙂

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now