Smartsheet App

Jennifer Parins
Jennifer Parins ✭✭✭
edited 06/17/22 in Smartsheet Basics

Some employees attempting to access the Smartsheet materials are using their phone to complete forms and upload photos. However, when they use the link to the Dashboard provided, they are being asked to download the Smartsheet app and create an account.

How can these employees use their personal phone devices to access the materials without downloading the app?

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Jennifer Parins

Publishing a Smartsheet item creates a unique URL that anyone can access to view your content - whether or not that person has Smartsheet. It's a View-Only experience for Dashboards, so no edits can be made through the Published link. Here's our Help documentation for more information: Publish a Sheet, Report, or Dashboard

If you want your collaborators to be able to edit and delete widgets, then they will need to be shared with Admin access to the Dashboard and access the Dashboard via the desktop application on a computer instead of via the mobile app. See: Smartsheet Mobile App: Dashboards

Let me know if I can clarify anything further!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Krissia B.
    Krissia B. Moderator

Hello @Jennifer Parins

Which dashboard link were they provided with? Is it a published link or the shared link? A published link shouldnt prompt them to login since its a generated URL to viewed publicly/outside of Smartsheet.

Cheers,

Krissia

• Thank you Krissa. I have only been using shared apps. If I publish the dashboard will there be any restrictions to modifications? What are the differences between the two options?

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Jennifer Parins

Publishing a Smartsheet item creates a unique URL that anyone can access to view your content - whether or not that person has Smartsheet. It's a View-Only experience for Dashboards, so no edits can be made through the Published link. Here's our Help documentation for more information: Publish a Sheet, Report, or Dashboard

If you want your collaborators to be able to edit and delete widgets, then they will need to be shared with Admin access to the Dashboard and access the Dashboard via the desktop application on a computer instead of via the mobile app. See: Smartsheet Mobile App: Dashboards

Let me know if I can clarify anything further!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now