Adding Images in Form Body and Descriptions

Options
2»

Comments

• vdemattei
    vdemattei ✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/29/23
    Options

Thanks, Tim. I'm glad to see there are some work arounds in a pinch. Unfortunately, none of them seem "clean" enough to be client facing.

• Neil Watson
    Neil Watson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@vdemattei many of us feel your pain! The dashboard with image and embedded form is the best workaround if you want to stay in Smartsheet and not have an extra integration with an external system.

Forever hopeful that Smartsheet will introduce this much requested functionality.

• vdemattei
    vdemattei ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Neil Watson That may be the current best workaround, but that won't work for external users. The applicants that fill out our forms are getting to it from a link, not via the dashboard as they are not Smarsheet users.

Also, thank you to whomever it was that moved my separate enhancement request to this one. I didn't find this one when I initially searched and so I started my own. I'm glad to see there are many other people that also want this feature to be added.

Now, can we get an update as to WHEN this is going to happen? The original request was submitted over a year ago!

• Neil Watson
    Neil Watson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@vdemattei have you considered publishing the dashboard and sharing that link to external users?

In terms of feedback, been pretty much radio silence from Smartsheet themselves so not sure where this fits into their roadmap (if at all).

• vdemattei
    vdemattei ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Neil Watson I have not... I only want an image for a single particular question. Or I may want different images for different questions. I believe the dashboard solution provides only 1 image for the entire form, so that wouldn't necessarily work for my purposes.

Radio silence is very frustrating. There are so many features that I am waiting on Smartsheet to incorporate to improve the product. It is also frustrating to have to tell my clients "well, we COULD do this MAYBE someday in the future, but I have no idea if and when it will ever happen"

• rlmrx93
    rlmrx93 ✭✭
    Options

Ability to display pictures in form body

• Bek T
    Bek T ✭✭✭
    Options

Really hope there's some traction on this, this would be a very useful feature! I'm currently changing our Health and Safety reporting forms to a SmartSheet form, and need to include an image where people select where their injury is (if a personal injury) - having that image separate and to then attach isn't ideal and (to me) defeats the purpose of building a 'one use' form for one task. Any updates on this please?

• Dodd Creative
    Options

Please consider adding image fields to forms. Not having this function severely limits the functionality of smartsheet forms.

• Carroll Wall
    Carroll Wall ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I would like to, at the very least, be able to add a picture in the form description field, such as a diagram or matrix for respondents to refer to when answering questions.