Generate Document Workflow has become invalid

Options
Paul H
Paul H ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I have a generate document workflow that has twice become invalid and deactivated. First time it happened I edited the workflow and saved without any changes and it works again, this morning same thing again.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Tags:

Best Answer

• Paul H
    Paul H ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Mary Clark

Here is the fix from Support, worked for me

Please try the following before enabling the workflow again:

1. Have the owner of the document mapping open the sheet
    2. Open the Generate Document functionality
    3. Re-login if necessary. Doing so should refresh the access token (which could be causing the behavior).
    4. Go ahead and re-enable the Workflow and test

If the behavior persists, please continue with the following steps:

1. Have the owner of the document mapping completely log out from Document Builder and have them log back in.
    2. Enable and test the Workflow again
    3. Delete the workflow and recreate it if it is still invalid

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Paul H

I hope you're well and safe!

Strange!

If you haven't already, I recommend reaching out to the Smartsheet Support Team.

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Gladys Liley
    Gladys Liley ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, I have a team member that's having this same issue. Every morning the Generate Document (DocuSign) becomes invalid. She's opened a ticket with the Smartsheet Support Team but I'm wondering if you had a resolution to your issue?

• Paul H
    Paul H ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Gladys Liley

No resolution yet. It just happened again while I was on vacation so the workflow was not functioning for over a week.

• Mary Clark
    Options

Was this ever resolved? I'm experiencing this as well.

• Paul H
    Paul H ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Mary Clark

Here is the fix from Support, worked for me

Please try the following before enabling the workflow again:

1. Have the owner of the document mapping open the sheet
    2. Open the Generate Document functionality
    3. Re-login if necessary. Doing so should refresh the access token (which could be causing the behavior).
    4. Go ahead and re-enable the Workflow and test

If the behavior persists, please continue with the following steps:

1. Have the owner of the document mapping completely log out from Document Builder and have them log back in.
    2. Enable and test the Workflow again
    3. Delete the workflow and recreate it if it is still invalid

• Erin Hauser
    Erin Hauser ✭✭✭
    Options

I had this problem as well. It turned out that someone renamed one of the columns used in the mapping and it deactivated the automation. It wouldn't run until I remapped it with the new column name.

This may not be the case for everyone, but it could be a quick first check if it happens to you.

Thanks!

Erin Hauser

• CaraB
    CaraB ✭✭
    Options

I have had this problem a few times. I did some digging around since it was only once in a while it would happen. In our case, we have a form where it would generate the document and route it through DocuSign. Apparently, one of the fields on the form (an email address) was entered incorrectly which disabled the entire workflow. I went in and corrected the email address, refreshed the workflow and it resolved the issue... until another invalid email address was entered in again.