Workflow Notifications

Hoping someone can help with the below:

For my department's invoicing process, a smartsheet was created with 15 different workflows, one for each vendor. Each entry could require anywhere from 2-6 approvals from management based on the invoice amount.

Recently, some aligned users have been receiving MULTIPLE email notifications requesting approval and some users have been receiving emails notification requesting approvals who do not manage that vendor.

Is there something I need to add to the workflow to have only ONE email notification go out? Workflow doc attached for reference.

Answers

• Hi @Ashley Greene

I see in your Trigger that you have an OR statement. This means that either the Vendor change will trigger the workflow OR the update to the "Approval Path", regardless of who the Vendor is.

You'll want to add in a Condition Block that filters by the Vendor so that when the Approval Path is "Ready to Review" and it triggers the workflow, the action only happens if your Condition of the Vendor is met.

Here's more information on Condition Blocks: Condition Blocks: Filter What Your Automated Workflows Send

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now