How do I set up my sheet to reflect changes made in another sheet?

Options

Hello!

I am new to Smartsheet and trying to figure out how (and if it's possible) to set up a workflow or formula to reflect changes made in another sheet. Currently, I have one sheet set up that's linked to an intake form. I am using this sheet as a "master sheet" to track all submissions.

Additionally, within this master sheet I have also set up a workflow so that once I get a new submission from the intake, the sheet will automatically make a copy of those responses to another sheet (its respective one, depending on what the respondent's answer to the initial question was on the intake form).

My question is: Is it possible to set up the sheet so that any changes made in the master sheet will also reflect in the other sheet, and vice versa? Hoping to find some type of solution to this.. Thanks in advance!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Joann Vuong

I hope you're well and safe!

You could use cross-sheet formulas combined with either a VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH structure to connect the sheets, and when you update the source sheet, it will reflect on the destination sheet.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Joann Vuong
    Options

Hi @Andrée Starå,

Thanks for your prompt response! I could give that a try, since I've seen VLOOKUP and INDEX/MATCH as suggestions in other discussion posts, but I'm not sure how to set that up.. Any resources you can refer me to do that?

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!