Error Creating Charts Without Info in Template

Options

I created a few charts in my template but because there is no information in the sheets (because it's a template) the charts show an error. Wouldn't typically be a concern because as soon as the template is used the information will be populated and the chart wouldn't error out. However, when I use this template in control center I receive an error "failed to copy folder to to temp workspace". As soon as I remove the charts from the template I was able to use control center to create the project using the template. Is there a way that I can have the charts pre-setup in my template without having data entered?

Best Answer

Answers

• Leibel S
    Leibel S ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Sarah123

Assuming the data is based on a formula, try having it return 'fake' data if it is still an uncreated project

• Sarah123
    Sarah123 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

If there's fake data it'll work with no issues. I was hoping there would be a way to not have any data in there so that when people use the template they wouldn't accidentally leave it in. But if that's the only way then I guess it's easier than having them create charts each time. 😀

• Leibel S
    Leibel S ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Find some data that you can reference to check if this is a 'created project', if it is pull in the proper data, otherwise return dummy data.

This would not require anyone to make changes.