Conditional Formatting in a Report links to Dashboard Half Donut Chart

Hi,

Has anyone successfully transferred conditional formatting set in a Grid, saved to a Report and dropped into a Dashboard Chart retain the conditioning.

Specifically I have KPIs that are Red or Green filled cells conditional on meeting KPI Target.

Once imported to a Dashboard via a Report using the Half Donut Chart to display KPI in relation to Target.

10% Downtime would appear as Green vs the 90% remainder of Time which is grey.

Doesn't seem possible? Operational Dashboards live by RED YELLOW GREEN.

Answers

• Matt Johnson
    Matt Johnson ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Kim Ryan

To achieve selectable colors on a graph or chart, one option could be to populate the data on a metric sheet that feeds the dashboard. If the values are each in an individual column, you can pick which color you want them in the "Pie Chart and Series" section of the chart widget. Probably not exactly the answer you were looking for, but maybe it will help.

Matt Johnson

Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner

• Hi @Matt Johnson

Thank you, I will take a look at that. I guess the real issue is that if a cell's conditional color in a sheet changes from green (in target) to red (out of target) for multiple workstations changing KPIs daily it would be advantageous to have it automated - next to impossible to select and update dynamically. I appreciate your thoughts. Thank you.