How can I upload a file attachment to a Dashboard?

Options

I can't find an option that lets me upload an attachment file to my dashboard, just like adding an attachment to a web page or email. It should be a simple action, but I can only find various "Widgets" that talk about linking to content somewhere else. I want to upload the file to the dashboard; we can't use any third-party file storage options because of licensing and privacy issues. Where's the Upload button?

Pre-emptive: This has nothing to do with reports or reporting. I'm looking at a Dashboard, a web page mocked up to present the instructions for a worksheet's underlying forms, and I need to include a list of approved model numbers for one of those forms. It's definitely not a report.

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There is no option to upload or attach directly to a dashboard, but either having the ability to attach to the dashboard or having an "attachments" widget would be pretty useful in a number of cases. Feel free to visit the Ideas topic and see if someone has already submitted it. If they have, fell free to add your vote. If they have not, please don't hesitate to submit it yourself.