Gantt view - Open to Today's date

Harvey E
Harvey E ✭✭✭
edited 07/14/22 in Smartsheet Basics

I tick the box "Open to today's date" on most of my plans and it seems to work fine. However I have one sheet that won't save the setting.

Basically it's a holiday calendar for the team to record holidays and I use it in Gantt view so you can clearly see overlaps. It always opens in Gantt view so that setting holds. However every time I open it, I tick the "Open to today's date" setting in Timeline, hit save etc, but when I next go in, the box is unticked. Noone else has admin access to change this.

Also there is a filter on the sheet to only show entries in the future. This filter never holds either, the sheet reverts to unfiltered when I next open it.

Any idea why this sheet isn't holding any of the settings on save? The data within it saves fine!

Thanks!!

Tags:

Answers

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator

Hi @Harvey E

If you believe that the behavior that you are experiencing doesn't align with what is expected as per the relevant Help Center article as it seems to be the case and you haven't done yet, I would recommend opening a ticket with our Support team via this form as they will be better placed to investigate this matter.

Please make sure to include the name of the affected sheet and the most accurate time frame this was last observed as possible.

I hope this can be of help.

Cheers!

Julio