Assign Tasks to people without they having to see everyone elses task

Options

I have created one master sheet with ask entire list of task with assigned to column. I want to create either new sheets or reports what every person has their own task list and they cannot see other people's task. Is it possible. In their own report or sheet they should be able to comment and add details to the columns which should change in the main sheet.

Answers

• Mike E
    Mike E ✭✭✭
    Options

It's possible to set a 'Contacts List' type column filter to an 'is one of' condition and select 'Current User'. That way they'll only see rows 'assigned' to them and then you'd only need to use a single Report for all your users.

If you're trying to also remove their ability to ever see others' rows, they could change the filter if they are licensed and have Admin access to the Report so that's something to consider as well.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @njs

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Mike's excellent advice/answer.

Two other options that they won't be able to see additional information than their own would be:

• Premium App, Dynamic View
    • Premium App, WorkApps

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• NoviceinAu
    Options

Hi, I am a novice user (first day) and don't understand the answers, is there a demo or something that shows how to do this? I want assignees to only see the tasks allocated to them, not the whole task list (which is my task list).

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @NoviceinAu

Welcome to the Community! Thanks for joining in. 🙂

Here's the Help Article that explains Contact columns and using the "Current User" filter:

You would need to share the whole sheet to your viewers, but provide them with a shared view that has the filter applied so they only see their own rows:

This does mean they could take the filter off and see all rows. If you don't want to share the entire sheet with a filter, @Andrée Starå suggested two alternatives that are add-ons to the core Smartsheet application.

If you plan has access to it, you could use Dynamic View (see here) or you could add a Report to a Workapp.

Let us know if you still need help and we'd be happy to clarify further!

Cheers,

Genevieve