Is there anyway to test a workflow prior to sending them to team members who need them?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @crachon

I hope you're well and safe!

Not sure I follow! Can you elaborate?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• crachon
    crachon ✭✭

It looks like I can only send my workflow requests at certain times but I want to send it multiple times to my own email to see what it looks like before I send it to others. Is there a way to trigger sending it without being on a schedule?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@crachon

I'd recommend adding a so-called helper column (checkbox) and using that to trigger the Workflow instead manually.

Would that work?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• crachon
    crachon ✭✭

Thanks.

If I send a workflow request to others, I can see how they can update the existing smartsheet but what if they need to add something to the smartsheet they are updating? For context, I am managing tasks for a project and I will send a workflow for updates on each task but I want them to have the capability to add something themselves also.