Report question - filtering by date

I have a sheet that tracks daily production stats. The sheet is set up with tasks measurements in the first column; the following column headers are calendar dates. I would like to create a report that pulls the cell data for a few key tasks daily. Do you know if this is possible?

Thank you

Tags:

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Are you able to provide screenshots for reference?

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Hi Paul,

Here is a shot of the part of the sheet we are trying to pull from. We would like to see each days data in a report or dashboard. Thank you

• Amit Wadhwani
    Amit Wadhwani ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @mrogers

I am not aware of a way you can change the columns being displayed in the report. The report you are trying can be generated using Smartsheet Pivot, which is a premium app.

Best Regards
    Amit Wadhwani
    , Smartsheet Community Champion
    Smartsheet CoE, Ignatiuz, Inc., Exton, PA

Did this answer help you? Show some love by marking this answer as "Insightful
    💡" or "Awesome ❤️" and "Vote Up ⬆️"https://www.linkedin.com/in/amitinddr/

• Paul McGuinness
    Paul McGuinness Overachievers

Hello @mrogers

Are you able to change the layout of the sheet shown above? If you can change the layout so the products become the column names and the dates run down the sheet, you will then be able to create a report that would always pull todays data only, or if you wanted could create weekly or other calendar data sets.

When using dates wherever possible i find it best to run the dates in a single column down the sheet and the categories as separate columns.

This allows you to run dates out more easily without adding columns or having to push data along, formulas also become simpler to write.

Hope that may help you in the right direction to a solution.

Thanks