Can you export a proof that has been marked up?

DEW
DEW ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 07/20/22 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello friends!

I've tried to figure it out, but finally gave up....hence why I come to you! 😀

Use case: I have a proof with some amazing comments (it is in the proof folder of my Smartsheet at a line item level). I would like to e-mail out this marked up version as a PDF to others.

Issue: When I select export or Download in the proof view, it is the original uploaded version with no notations. No matter what I try (even if I mark it complete)...I still only get the original document. I do not want to send it to a brandfolder. Heck, if I could print the marked up version that would work too.

Can you help me with this simple ask/function? Currently, I am doing screen prints - ugly.

Thank you in advance.

Answers

• Hi @DEW

There currently isn't a way to export a marked-up proof to include all the comments and markings, as you've found.

What I would do in this instance is also take screen captures and use those images to show the markings. Another option would be to share your collaborators to the sheet with Viewing permissions to be able to see the Proof and Comments right from Smartsheet.

Please also submit your feature request to the Product team by creating an Idea Post in the Smartsheet Product Feedback and Ideas topic here in the Community. This will allow other users to vote on your enhancement idea!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now