Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Owner/Admin View for Workspaces (Hide unused Workspaces)

Options
Richard Heath
Richard Heath ✭✭✭✭✭✭

As our company admin for Smartsheet, I typically deploy all-new Project Workspaces - this provides me with the opportunity to assist team members if they become stuck, or have an issue; I can then problem-solve with them within their workspace.

This leads to an issue where I have many, many Workspaces visible, of which I really only use 5 for my own projects regularly. Typical issues that arise are;

• searching for Sheets within my 5 projects yields 100's (sometimes 1000's) of results, as it picks up the Sheets in the other Workspaces (that I'm not using) - See below
  • Linking from a Cell in another Sheet or creating formula's requires me to trawl through hundred's of rolled up Workspaces (Workspace names are unique - sheets within are typically standardized, meaning the search function is useless in this scenario, because when a Sheet name is entered, the Workspace name drops away making it all but impossible to deduce which Sheet you now want to link with.

I believe an easy way to resolve this would be to add a Filter in the Search bar that allows the user to select only the "Favorites" Workspaces as I've suggested below. (I'm unsure how the Linking from a Cell feature could be treated, but this would be a start).

However, ideally, I would like to be able to Hide the other Workspaces from any view - unless I specifically need to call one up to interrogate with another user.

7 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated