Is the date recorded for when a Baseline was set?

Answers

• Amit Wadhwani
    Amit Wadhwani ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @bhart

You can check the sheet activity log and to shrink it down, change action under filters to "Column Changes". In the filtered list, look for "Columns Inserted". It would usually be (3), one each for baseline start, baseline finish and variance. You can expand the row to see when were these columns inserted.

Amit WadhwaniSmartsheet CoE, Ignatiuz Software, Exton, PA

https://www.linkedin.com/in/amitinddr/

Best Regards
    Amit Wadhwani
    , Smartsheet Community Champion
    Smartsheet CoE, Ignatiuz, Inc., Exton, PA

Did this answer help you? Show some love by marking this answer as "Insightful
    💡" or "Awesome ❤️" and "Vote Up ⬆️"https://www.linkedin.com/in/amitinddr/

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @bhart

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Amit's excellent advice/answer.

You could probably add a Workflow to register the date it was activated,

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Thanks for the help, is there a way to then reference that "Baseline Set Date" date on a dashboard or possibly on a sheet summary, add a field and be able to cell reference the "baseline set date"?

• I setup helper date columns and an automation.

Use a helper column - "Original set date", and an automation when "Baseline Start" date changes and "Baseline Original Date" is blank is capture date in "Baseline Original Date".

Use helper column - "Baseline Reset Start Date", and an automation when "Baseline Start" date changes and "Baseline Original Date" is not blank is capture date in "Baseline Reset Start Date".

User helper column - Use helper column - "Baseline Reset Finish Date", and an automation when "Baseline Start" date changes and "Baseline Original Date" is not blank is capture date in "Baseline Reset Finish Date".

I then roll these into sheet summary fields to post to my dashboard.

Baseline Set Date - =MIN([Baseline Original Date]:[Baseline Original Date])

Latest Baseline Reset - =MAX([Baseline Reset Start Date]:[Baseline Reset Finish Date])