Color Assignments in Circle Graphs

Options

Hi,

I need to add some pie charts/circle graphs to a dashboard. I want the order of the items in the legend to be High Risk, Medium Risk, Low Risk and No Risk. I want the colors Red, Orange, Yellow and Green. I setup the charts and all is well, but it changes the legend to alphabetical and it keeps reassigning the colors based on position or last update instead of being fixed the way I'd like. How can I combat this?

Thank you! Jodi

Best Answer

• Sameer Karkhanis
    Sameer Karkhanis ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can set the colors of the chart series by editing the chart widget. Go to the Pie Chart & Series option and then select the color of your choice for each of the series (by clicking on the color square next to the series name). See screenshot below.

Answers

• Sameer Karkhanis
    Sameer Karkhanis ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can set the colors of the chart series by editing the chart widget. Go to the Pie Chart & Series option and then select the color of your choice for each of the series (by clicking on the color square next to the series name). See screenshot below.

• Jodi Mackie
    Jodi Mackie ✭✭✭
    Options

It seems something allows my settings to be overridden if changes are made within the Smartsheet. Is there a setting I am missing to make it stay that way once I have set it regardless of changing quantities etc. in the sheet? Also, thank you for your quick reply. - Jodi

• Jodi Mackie
    Jodi Mackie ✭✭✭
    Options

I changed my report to summary, changed the setting to use my summary rows as set labels, changed the series color on that and collapsed my report to summary rows only and so far, that seems to have worked. Thank you for the feedback.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!