I have to link one activity to another with variable lag time. Is it possible?

I have to link one activity to another which have a gap of time. One solution is to include a lag/lead time, but a rigid lag time is introduced between the two activities if we use lag/lead time feature. E.g. Activity A is linked to B and they have a gap of 1 month between them. Ideally, if A is delayed by 2 weeks, B can start at the pre decided time in the plan as there is a buffer of 1 month, but when we use a lag time feature, activity B also gets shifted by 2 weeks. Is a solution for this problem or is there a setting which I am missing?

Answers

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator

Hi @Aditya,

Within the current functionality, it is not possible to make lag/lead time dynamic so that this doesn't apply when changes made to the original tasks fall within the initially stated lag time. When you have a moment, please let our Product team know about your feedback by filling in this form, here. Thank you!

For the time being, the only way to accomplish what you intend would be to manually adjust the lag time inserted to match the updated information in the source task. E.g when postponing task A 2 weeks, lag time in task B should also be reduced accordingly so that the task isn't postponed in the same amount of time.

I hope this can be of help.

Cheers!

Julio