Workflow Administration in Control Center Global Updates

Options
2»

Comments

• Victoria K.
    Victoria K. ✭✭✭
    edited 01/25/24
    Options

Global updates to automations would be extremely helpful for new clients who are learning rapidly and making adjustments during their first year of adoption.

• Mohamed Elshobary
    Options

It would be very useful to get a feature that allows us to "Globally" update automations.

Similar to the existing Global Updates feature, but for automations

• Falan Rowe
    Falan Rowe ✭✭✭
    Options

It would be nice to be able to update or create new automations in existing projects. For instance, I have a new stakeholder that joined our team. I need her to receive an automation when we have a new contract signed. The automation triggers from the induvial project sheet. I now have to go into 40 projects and add her in as a recipient. It's a lot of time being spent on something so small.

• Laura McDonald
    Laura McDonald ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This would be a huge time-saving feature to have! One of the many use cases I just came across myself: I've added 2 new columns into the master sheet, and rolled this out to all other sheets built off the template (currently 36 of them). The new columns are calculating limits, and require automated notifications to go to people in contact columns if it turns yellow or red. Unfortunately, I have to add these new automations to each sheet separately. A global update that could roll this out to all sheets would've been a large time savings, and reduce the risk that an automation is missed or added incorrectly.

• Matthew Campbell
    Options

This would change alot for us in saving time and probably push us to get Control Center

• JPeace
    JPeace ✭✭
    Options

This would be a huge time-saving feature to have a global update to a workflow in a sheet. We are tracking 150+ grants and we have a small change to the workflow. What a pain to have to go in and manually make these changes and human error can enter the task of updating. I sure hope the workflow global update is on the feature improvement workbench! 😉

• Jennifer SK
    Options

We need this also! Has this been added? I'm unable to find this feature or a workaround.

• TJ North
    TJ North ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Adding to the list of comments asking for this to be added to Control Center global update capabilities. Need to be able to push out ...

• new automation rules,
    • updates to existing automation rules,
    • deactivate existing automation rules
  • JUST PJM
    JUST PJM ✭✭✭
    Options

I recently had to update all running projects. It costs me a lot of time to perform the workflow updates. I hope the Smartsheet team is urgently looking into that. A 100% must. Thank you for consideration.