When is a column unique?

Hi,

I'd like to check what makes a column unique. The source here suggests column name and column type but I thought I had read somewhere that the range of options in the dropdown (for a dropdown / select column type) made a difference too.

I'm hoping that it doesn't make a difference as I have one of my sheets where I need to enable more dropdown options but it is the same column data type as other sheets and needs to be reported on singularly.

thanks

Ed

Best Answer

• Jeff Reisman
    Jeff Reisman ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@CycleBagEd

In my experience, it's just the column name and type that have to be the same for the data from multiple sheets to be listed in the same column on a report. With regards to dropdown lists, the columns must all be single-select or must all be multi-select. You can't mix those.

Regards,

Jeff Reisman, IT Business Analyst & Project Coordinator, Mitsubishi Electric Trane US

Link: Smartsheet Functions Help Pages Link: Smartsheet Formula Error Messages

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!

Answers