Incomplete form entries are showing up in my sheet

Hello,

Is there a way to set up my form so that if a person starts to enter information but does not finish, their incomplete entry will not show up on my sheet? I have created a form to track COVID-19 information, but what I'm seeing are incomplete entries because the person started to complete the form, but did not finish, but later that day they went in and did complete the form...so my sheet may have three entries from the same person, and only one of the entries is a complete one. Is there anyway to fix that?

Answers

• Khasim
    Khasim ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @NewtoSmartsheet , Why don't you enable the required option? As a result, the user must submit the form without leaving any fields blank.

Thanks & Regards

Khasim

SSPM Consultants

Email ID: info@sspmconsultants.com

Did I answer to your question or fix the problem? Please help the Smartsheet Community by voting it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome, or/and Accepted Answer. It will make it easy for others to discover a solution or help in answering!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @NewtoSmartsheet

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Khasim's excellent advice/answer.

Another way could be to let them submit the incomplete form and then have a workflow sending them an update request so they can complete it, and that would repeat until all fields are filled in or until they check a box and select that they are done.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.