Calendar display summary tasks

Options
Glennicus
Glennicus
edited 08/31/22 in Smartsheet Basics

I have Display Summary Tasks checked in calendar settings. Issue is that only some of the summary tasks are displayed (in Gray), but not all. How do I get all to display? They seem to be setup exactly the same.

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Glennicus

Can you post a screen capture of the rows in Grid View, identifying which ones aren't showing up? Is it possible that these rows don't have a date in the column you're using for the Calendar View?

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Glennicus
    Options

So for the Brier Creek Project, on 9/5 the task '08 CFA Review & Comment/Approval' is missing the gray bar with the project title 'Brier Creek'. But the task on 9/8 '07 Issue DDP' shows the gray bar with the project title. I would like all of the subtasks to display the project title gray bar. 'End' date is the date generating the calendar view.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Glennicus

Thanks for clarifying!

The way that the Calendar View works is that each row corresponds with one task. The row in Grid View that says "Brier Creek" only has one date associated with it: 09/08/22

This is why it only appears on your Thursday date, and not above your Monday task.

Does that make sense?

Cheers,

Genevieve