Auto creating a parent column from another sheet.

Options

I am hoping to run some project information on how many people are working on a project and how many tasks do they have. Unfortunately I have many different projects with over 200 people listed in an assigned to columns and I want to have an auto way to pull the names of the assigned people to help me do some other Count if functions for number of tasks, duration of tasks, hours worked on tasks etc.

So I wanted to use the follow column to generate a way to only get each name listed one time in another sheet for data purposes so that I could do reports for each person.

So the people listed in those columns would only be listed once automatically in the new sheet pulling from that column.

Answers

• Dan Cliff
    Dan Cliff ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@J.Barrow the best way I've found to do this is directly through reports leveraging the group function so your report would show all tasks but group those tasks by Assigned To - to get a count of the number of tasks, summarize by Assigned To using Count.

As a bonus, you could collapse the groups automatically so effectively you'd only display the Assigned To and count of tasks in your report.