Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Rearrange Sheet Summary Fields - click and drag

Options

Moving summary fields one position at a time is cumbersome and unnecessary. Please add functionality to those fields to allow a user to re-arrange and/or sort as desired.

30 votes

On Radar · Last Updated

While this change is not part of our current plan, we appreciate you sharing this idea. Please keep commenting on and upvoting ideation posts that matter to you – your feedback helps shape our decisions for the future.

Comments

• Teri Stabler
    Teri Stabler ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes yes yes to this. The ability to copy a summary field to create a similar one quickly would be great too.

• Adam Hayter
    Options

Echoing Pauls' post - and the comments - please add this/some functionality

--

Currently to rearrange the fields in the sheet summary you have to open the field properties and then move it up or down one at a time.

If you have a good handful of fields and then realize that the three or four at the bottom should actually be at the top... That gets to be rather tedious.

Would would be great is if we could click and drag the fields to rearrange them similar to rearranging the fields when creating a form.

Grabbing multiple fields and moving them using the click/drag method would be even better! (same goes for on forms).

I have already submitted a Product Enhancement Request for being able to click/drag a single field, but I think I may also Submit a Product Enhancement Request or two for being able to click drag multiple fields instead of my original click/drag a single field, and for doing the same (multiple fields at the same time) when building a form.

Just figured I would put it out there to see what other people think about it (link provided if anyone else wants to submit and enhancement request).

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Currently to rearrange the fields in the sheet summary you have to open the field properties and then move it up or down one at a time.

If you have a good handful of fields and then realize that the three or four at the bottom should actually be at the top... That gets to be rather tedious.

What would be great is if we could click and drag the fields to rearrange them similar to rearranging the fields when creating a form.

Grabbing multiple fields and moving them using the click/drag method would be even better! (same goes for on forms).

• Davicd.C
    Options

This is a massive inconvenience that should be addressed. I have probably 50 summary fields in a project plan so that I can create a variety of dashboard views and trying to troubleshoot formula issues and/or references between summary fields is tedious and unproductive.

It's easier to copy the formula from an entry, create a new entry where you want it, and then delete the old entry than it is to reorganize your list. Being able to drag and drop summary fields is a must-have.

• Todd M Keller
    Todd M Keller ✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • K.Bisnett
    Options

I'd like to add having an option to pop out the Sheet summary screen to a different display, something bigger that's easier to see and work with and make edits.

• Emmy Bagshaw
    Options

I am here to lightweight beg for the option to rearrange summary fields with click/drag. Please. 🙏

• Darian Klare
    Options

Organize Summary Fields - Add Drag and Drop to Organize Several Fields

Scenario: Sheet has multiple summary fields and they have been created without giving thought to the order of each independent field.

Add ability to click on a field to drag and drop up/down in the list of summary fields to organize the order they are shown.

currently can only move up and down one spot at a time

• mroehl
    mroehl ✭✭✭
    Options

Currently within the Sheet Summary area, in order to reorder fields, you have to right-click and move them up or down on field at a time. I'd love the ability to adjust the field order by dragging just as you can within sheets themselves for moving rows and columns (up/down, side-to-side).

Mandie R

Sr Project Manager

BVOP - CPD | CAPM | CBDA | CSM | CSPO | ECBA | SAFe 6

• Julie Becker
    Julie Becker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/27/24
    Options

i have 5 sheets with over 100 fields each, i had to make sure my template was laid out perfectly in notepad with formulas and field names with the exception of a few for each sheet's specific data/types. With that said, after i had applied all those fields/formulas, i realized around #85 that the past 10 fields need to move 15 spaces up.. Since rearranging is so basic (it's like the SE's didn't think past 10 fields when building this out), that it was faster for me to replace those previous cells with the new formulas and title names rather than move 10 fields (each 1 at a time) up 15 spots.

I second this request and baffled stuff like this was never on the drawing board when being built out.. Nothing surprises me anymore. 😔

Julie Becker ☠️

Construction Project Engineer / Coordinator & Software Program Oversight Mgr. 😉

Successful People Are Not Gifted; They Just Work Hard, Then Succeed On Purpose‼️