Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Pop Up - when something is changed or added OR when sheet is opened

Options
Bligh
Bligh ✭✭

Popup that shows a title and description and allows users to format what it relates to, similar to either a cell or filter.

Use Case:

User is changing data in row to complete but forgot to add notes to the notes section.

Popup shows indicating this error and asks user for notes to be added before letting them change the row to complete.

User either does this edit in the popup, or hides the popup, adds notes, then proceeds to again change data in row to complete - this time not prompting the popup to show as it is not needed.

8 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Amanda Le
    Amanda Le ✭
    edited 11/28/22
    Options

Hello Smartsheet team,

I've done some research and can't seem to find anything on this. Would we be able to create a pop up message when something is changed or added?

Ex: When something is checked, a pop up message appears that says "Please confirm the below is completed before moving row"

Just something as simple as that. Although we can create rules that rows can't be moved over to another smartsheet with columns being filled out, a pop up message will be more useful for others. This will make the work flow more efficient for our average users.

• tegholm
    tegholm ✭✭
    Options

It would be very helpful if when a checkbox is checked or if a specific drop-down is chosen there was the option to have a pop-up box with a message to confirm they wanted to check/select the option.

Thank you.

• Andrée StarÃ¥
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/11/23
    Options

Hi @tegholm

I hope you're well and safe!

Excellent idea!

Here's a possible workaround or workarounds

• Add a formula to show a message when any of both options is true
    • Combine it with conditional formatting to make it stand out

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

✅Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• vdemattei
    vdemattei ✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/11/23
    Options

I also think this would be helpful, especially when we have an automation that moves a row to another sheet when a check box is checked.

Our current work around is to make these automations 2-parts. The check box needs to be checked AND something else needs to happen, perhaps a date recorded or a status is updated to "complete"... as a way to ensure that someone really meant to check that box and therefore, move the row, for example.

• Basidiospore
    Basidiospore ✭✭
    Options

I would very much like to see a pop-up warning board with on/off control that comes up when opening a sheet that informs the user what to expect and how to proceed. Sometimes having multiple administrators on a sheet can come with issues. This way if the owner of the sheet needs to inform the user if anything special is needed to be addressed or warned about, they will know immediately. I like the conversation tool but not everyone sees it right away.