Ability to edit Javascript for embedded form

Options
Tvo
Tvo
edited 09/21/22 in API & Developers

Hello,

Does anybody know if there's a way to edit the Javascript if we embedded a smartsheet form on a site? We'd like to match the look and feel of the form to the website design.

Best Answer

• Lee Joramo
    Lee Joramo ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Smartsheet does not provide any way to edit that, beyond the limited layout and color selections they provide in the form builder. I am pretty sure that there is no way to do this via normal web development methods, you can't add CSS, or use Javascript to restructure the forms layout. There is lots of Cross Site Security in place, that will block you.

You best bet is to build your own form and submit data via the API. I have done lots of this type of work, and the API works well

Answers

• Lee Joramo
    Lee Joramo ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Smartsheet does not provide any way to edit that, beyond the limited layout and color selections they provide in the form builder. I am pretty sure that there is no way to do this via normal web development methods, you can't add CSS, or use Javascript to restructure the forms layout. There is lots of Cross Site Security in place, that will block you.

You best bet is to build your own form and submit data via the API. I have done lots of this type of work, and the API works well

• Tvo
    Options

Thanks Lee this is super helpful and I appreciate the potential solution to get this accomplished.