Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

How to Sum Cells with Numbers & Text

2»

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Prarthana,

Is there any pattern to the information?

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

work-bold

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• PrarthanaP
    edited 12/04/19

Hi Andree,

To give you a little detail of what we are trying to achieve- We have a sheet to track our team's travel plus to calculate their Per Diem. Ideally we want each city to have a specific colour so when an amount from the Dropdown list is selected the cell colour automatically changes as per the conditional format created. We need the amount to be shown in the cell as well so we can total it up in the end. Unfortunately Smartsheet’s conditional formatting doesn’t allow me to pick two different colours for the same amount even though the amount is added twice in the dropdown. Hence I need to add an alphabet before the amount to have the conditional formatting to work.

Hope the above explains the process in a little more detail.

Attached is a screenshot of my sheet for your reference.

Thank you so much for your assistance,

Kind Regards,

Prarthana

Test Masterlist Screenshot.JPG

This discussion has been closed.