Symbols 6-state Star in Forms

dhall
dhall ✭✭✭✭

When creating a form, is there a way to not allow the 0-star ("empty") be an option? I only want them to rate 1 through 5, not 0 through 5.

If there isn't a way to remove the 0-star choice, can I set up logic that they can't submit the form with a 0-star selected?

Either will work, but the former is preferred. Thanks all!

Tags:

Best Answers

• MVP OPS
    MVP OPS ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @dhall,

There isn't a way to hide the 0 star from the field on the form. You can build logic into the star field though. This would require you to create another field/column, drop down single select ,"Restrict to list values only" switched on. Add this field to your form and remove the star rating from the form.

In your star rating field/column, add this nested if formula, and make it a column formula: =IF(Rating@row = 1, "One", IF(Rating@row = 2, "Two", IF(Rating@row = 3, "Three", IF(Rating@row = 4, "Four", IF(Rating@row = 5, "Five")))))

Hope this helps! Have a great day.

best,

Brad

www.MVPOPS.com

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @dhall

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Brad's excellent advice/answer.

I recently did something similar for a client.

Add a dropdown column and paste the below stars.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

⭐️⭐️⭐️

⭐️⭐️

⭐️

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers

• MVP OPS
    MVP OPS ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @dhall,

There isn't a way to hide the 0 star from the field on the form. You can build logic into the star field though. This would require you to create another field/column, drop down single select ,"Restrict to list values only" switched on. Add this field to your form and remove the star rating from the form.

In your star rating field/column, add this nested if formula, and make it a column formula: =IF(Rating@row = 1, "One", IF(Rating@row = 2, "Two", IF(Rating@row = 3, "Three", IF(Rating@row = 4, "Four", IF(Rating@row = 5, "Five")))))

Hope this helps! Have a great day.

best,

Brad

www.MVPOPS.com

• dhall
    dhall ✭✭✭✭

Hmm good solution, thanks for providing. As I have several columns using ratings, I don't want to have to create all the additional helper columns, at least not at this time.

I'll instruct them in the form to use "Empty" only if it is Not Applicable.

Next time I create a new form, I'll keep this solution in mind. Thanks!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @dhall

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Brad's excellent advice/answer.

I recently did something similar for a client.

Add a dropdown column and paste the below stars.

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

⭐️⭐️⭐️

⭐️⭐️

⭐️

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• dhall
    dhall ✭✭✭✭

Thats a neat solution, instead of being limited to the dropdown. Thanks for sharing!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@dhall

Thanks!

You're more than welcome!