Remove access to sheets and automation globally

Recently we had an employee leave the institution who had access to our sheets and had some automation set up to alert her of changes. When she left our Admin deactivated her account but this did not remove her from the automations and from being shared to some sheets.

Is there a way to globally remove a user from access to all sheets and remove them from automation?

It has been a couple of months since they left and I still randomly find a sheet they are shared to our automation that is set up for the user.

Best Answer

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Michael Terrasi

No. It is important for any large organization to keep a list of how their sheets are built, who they're shared with, and which automations are set up to which users. If you email them regarding a particular user account, they may be able to scour from their end to advise you of any sheets or automations that a user is still active on but I'm not sure if they can even do that for you. It's not really their responsibility to manage access to your sheets. That's management at an organization's job to keep track of stuff like that.

Answers

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Michael Terrasi

No. It is important for any large organization to keep a list of how their sheets are built, who they're shared with, and which automations are set up to which users. If you email them regarding a particular user account, they may be able to scour from their end to advise you of any sheets or automations that a user is still active on but I'm not sure if they can even do that for you. It's not really their responsibility to manage access to your sheets. That's management at an organization's job to keep track of stuff like that.

• Wilen FL
    Wilen FL ✭✭✭✭

@Michael Terrasi

Suggestion 1

1. From the Admin Center select User Management.
    2. Hover over the user (assuming it's still there) and click the ellipsis (3 dots) and select Transfer Owned Items.

Suggestion 2

1. Delete the user from the contacts to see if the automation displays a warning.
    2. The system will email the sheet owner a broken automation warning.
    3. Open the automation and then change the contact name or update the workflow.

To delete a contact: 

1. Click the Account icon (person) in the bottom left corner and select My Smartsheet Contacts. 
    2. Hover over the contact name, click the down-facing arrow, and then select Delete Contact.

Shot in the dark, but it may work.

I hope it helps.