Workflow- Requestor Notification: How to send email to the requestor who made the entry?

I have setup a ticket tracking sheet where anyone in the organization can enter the trouble ticket via a form. I have required that the requestor put in their email address.

I would like to setup the Workflow so that when the ticket number is added then the Requestor gets an email to notify them the Ticket Number and that it is logged into our tracking sheet.

However I am not able to point to the column where the Requestor's email is entered for the drop down does not show it. The only drop down selection is "Assigned to"

Answers

• Mike TV
    Mike TV ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 10/11/22

@markh10

Try creating a new column with the column type of "Created By". It should automatically gather the email address that they registered their SmartSheet account with (I believe). Then you can use that as the "Sent to contacts in a cell" email address. I use that successfully on a sheet to gather orders for things and it works like a charm. I've got another sheet that has a list of employee names, employee number, and their email address and I use it to Index Match their information to fill out an invoice after their order comes in. Never had any problems with it and they never have to fill out a bit of their info. It's all automatic.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @markh10

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Mike's excellent advice/answer.

The submitter has to log in to Smartsheet, and the form has to be set to they have to be logged in to see it.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Please support the Community by marking the post(s) that helped or answered your question or solved your problem with the accepted answer/helpful, Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• markh10
    markh10 ✭✭

@Mike TV @Andrée Starå

Thank you for taking the time to help me.

I don't know that the submitters of these bugs have Smartsheet licenses and therefore can login. I know that the Smartsheet input Form is available to our entire organization so anyone can submit a bug.

Is there a way without these submitters having a Smartsheet login?

As I said, I have created a text/number column in our bug log sheet for the Submitter's email address.

Thanks!