When file is uploaded

PeggyLang
PeggyLang ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it possible to create an automation (Smartsheet workflow or Power Automate) to send a copy of file to email recipients when file is uploaded to specific row #'s?

Best Answer

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @PeggyLang

I hope you're well and safe!

Yes, you can send an Alert with the link to the file that was added by using the "When An attachment is added" option.

You can combine it with conditions, so it only triggers when you want.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• PeggyLang
    PeggyLang ✭✭✭✭✭

THANK YOU - I wasn't really thinking - I should have known that!

Another question though, I have numerous rows where an attachment is required; ie., Permit, Certificate of Occupancy, Punch List etc. Copies of these documents may need to go to different individuals. Most of the individuals will not have access to the actual Smartsheet - does that pose a problem?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@PeggyLang

Happy to help!

No, that should work as long as the sheet's permissions are okay.

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.