Premium Calendar App Not Syncing With Outlook

Options

Hi I'm wondering if anyone has successfully gotten a Premium App calendar to sync or even display with Outlook calendar. Seems like it should be basic in that you publish the calendar for anyone to see and then use that link to subscribe within Outlook. I've not been able to get any data to show up after setting up the subscription. Any advice?

Tags:

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @ccosta

There isn't a way to publish the Calendar App display to an Outlook calendar, however you could go right to the underlying source data in Smartsheet (either the Sheet or Report) and publish that instead. See: Publish a Smartsheet Calendar to iCal

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Nathan Panuco
    Nathan Panuco ✭✭✭
    edited 01/22/24
    Options

I'm also looking for this functionality in the Calendar App. I'm quite surprised it's not available - yeah the app makes a nice Calendar but I need these dates to show up in stakeholder's Outlook calendars - they aren't going to check a link regularly.

I'm glad I was testing as building my solution and found this issue before I got too much further into the design of this effort. I'm not even sure I'm going to use the Calendar App anymore - I just assumed it could sync with Outlook.

The workaround recommended by @Genevieve P. will not function in my situation. I'm using Reports to feed the Calendar App, not a sheet and you cannot publish a Report as iCal. Since the ONLY way to get dates to show up in Outlook is to publish a sheet, I'm just going to make a sheet that's purpose driven for a shared calendar and stop using the Calendar App. It's going to be clunky and have to use automations and probably break at some point.

My original intent was to use the Calendar App to pull dates from a Report pulling from about a dozen different sheets to make an enterprise calendar - bummed this won't work.

Case Reference Number: 06770834

EDIT: Vote for this idea: https://community.smartsheet.com/discussion/113760/calendar-app-ics-link-for-sharing