Word Document from row data

Amy G
Amy G ✭✭✭✭
edited 10/17/22 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi,

We're currently using G-suite and the Smartsheet for Google Docs Extension to create a live document from row data using a mapped template to populate specific areas of the document. We then add data to each document and collaborate with comments as the workflow progresses. It is also imperative that the document created is linked as an attachment to the row it was generated from.

My company is going to be making the switch to Microsoft 365. I am looking for the best way to transition this process. I briefly tried Power Automate and Plumsail but it seems a lot more complicated and Plumsail looks to be a paid add-on to our required resources. Same with formstack documents and other third-party options.

Is there no way within Smartsheet and Microsoft to accomplish this? Document Builder does not work because we cannot add to the document easily once it is created and collaborate within the document like you can in a Google Doc.

Thanks for any input!

Best Answer

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi @Amy G,

At the moment, there aren't any integrations between Smartsheet and Microsoft 365 / Word that could accomplish what you intend. When you have a moment, please let our Product team know about your feedback by filling in this form, here. Thank you!

I've been researching Zapier but I wasn't able to find any specific integration from Smartsheet to MIcrosoft 365 and the ones with the reverted flow of information don't seem to achieve what you intend either. If there are other applications accessible in your environment that could achieve what you intend, you may want to have a look for existing integrations in Zapier. Otherwise, if your organization count with the appropriate technical resources, you may also use our API to develop your own solution. 

I hope that this can be of help.

Cheers! 

Julio

Answers

• Julio S.
    Julio S. Moderator
    Answer ✓

Hi @Amy G,

At the moment, there aren't any integrations between Smartsheet and Microsoft 365 / Word that could accomplish what you intend. When you have a moment, please let our Product team know about your feedback by filling in this form, here. Thank you!

I've been researching Zapier but I wasn't able to find any specific integration from Smartsheet to MIcrosoft 365 and the ones with the reverted flow of information don't seem to achieve what you intend either. If there are other applications accessible in your environment that could achieve what you intend, you may want to have a look for existing integrations in Zapier. Otherwise, if your organization count with the appropriate technical resources, you may also use our API to develop your own solution. 

I hope that this can be of help.

Cheers! 

Julio

• Amy G
    Amy G ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Julio S.,

Thank you for the reply. It is helpful to know I'm not missing something and what potential solutions there are.

I will give my feedback to the Product Team and work with some other members of our organization to figure out our next steps.

Thank you.

Amy