Automatically remove row in a sheet when cell value changed in the original sheet it was copied from

Options

I have set up a workflow so that when a cell value (checkbox) is changed/checked in one sheet, that row is copied to another sheet.

Is there a way to:

1. Automatically remove the row in the sheet it was copied to, when the cell value (checkbox) in the sheet the row was copied from is changed back/unckecked?

Thanks!

Answers

• David Tutwiler
    David Tutwiler Overachievers Alumni
    Options

It is, but it will require a helper column. If you create a helper column called something similar to "Source Sheet Checkbox Reference" (or something like that so you know what it the column is doing), you could do an INDEX/MATCH to look up the checkbox status on the main page. You'll want to match some key identifier from the row you are on and bring back the checkbox column into your new sheet.

Then you will set up an automation that when rows are changed and the column "Source Sheet Checkbox Reference" changes to Unchecked, delete row.

So 1 helper column, an Index/Match to get the source information, and an automation should do the trick.

• Garrett.Ricker
    Options

What automation would you use to delete a row? The only automation I see to delete information is limited to the cell level not the row. Thank you in advance for the help.

• David Tutwiler
    David Tutwiler Overachievers Alumni
    Options

Sorry, good call out @Garrett.Ricker. You have the option of moving the row to another sheet or copying it. For this purpose I would be inclined to create an archive sheet and use the Move Row feature to move it off of your production sheet.