Get Started

Symbol Flexibility - more symbol colors

Options
2»

Comments

• Julie Becker
    Julie Becker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I agree with you all, and this is my work around as we/I dont care much for the limited options we do have available. Maybe this will get you all by for now.

I used the links below to make my own drop-down symbols (I replace the emoji code name in the formulas if used in place of Harvey balls). I tested them in formulas (some work, some do not) and now use in our sheets.

Here are a few images to show you them in action. Not sure if this is what you're after, though...

Julie Becker ☠️

Construction Project Engineer / Coordinator & Software Program Oversight Mgr. 😉

Successful People Are Not Gifted; They Just Work Hard, Then Succeed On Purpose‼️

• Salèha El D.
    Salèha El D. ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I currently use this with my WorFlow, it's brilliant, it serves it's purpose.

Now, I also need the Symbols, and I often find that I require more options (symbols/colours) so I would love to see:

• at least a Symbol column-type with five colors options
    • and I would also like to use conditional formatting to color code arrows appropriately

Salèha El D.

Talks about #Smartsheet #productivity, #eventindustry, and #informationtechnology

➖Continuous improvement – for me, an ongoing desire to enhance processes, and increase productivity ➖

• Carla S
    Carla S ✭✭✭
    Options

It would be great to have an option that includes all 5....

Gray - Not Started

Green On track

Yellow - At risk

Red - In trouble

Blue - Complete

• Julie Becker
    Julie Becker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

As much as i would agree with this, I believe it would be more useful for all users to be able to have the programs Conditional Formatting Features choose the colors we tell it too based upon the statuses we list in our sheets since many of us use similar but not exact status names & colors.

For example, green for us = completed or approved while gray = voided or relocated (construction uses), blue = in progress, & red (#F87E7D) = not started.

So while it would be awesome to have those options, from a software standpoint on a program used by many different types of businesses/needs, it would be in their best interest (& cheaper IMO) to add additional requested symbols and then have/allow the program to change their symbols to a color we choose in the Conditional Formatting rather than try to provide a standard one for us all to use. I can't 😔 use some of their symbols for this reason (see example above), which is why I had to use the drop-down feature, adding my own.

But regardless, everyone's wants/needs in this current discussion has extremely valuable ideas/solutions that I hope Smartsheets R&D team is actually following & working on, so that we can see requests like this go from being ignored to implemented 🙂

Julie Becker ☠️

Construction Project Engineer / Coordinator & Software Program Oversight Mgr. 😉

Successful People Are Not Gifted; They Just Work Hard, Then Succeed On Purpose‼️

• Carla S
    Carla S ✭✭✭
    Options

Julie - I think just having more options would be great, they do not have to relate directly to a specific status across the board, everyone could use the 5 symbols to represent what they want them to represent, mine was only an example of how I would use it. :)

• Dan B SS
    Options

I can select symbols for RAG status and my company use Red, Amber, Green, Blue and Grey for on hold/paused. I don't have the ability to select a choice that has all 5, I either have blue or grey.