Method for building a chart from a batch among multiple sheets

I have a single sheet of assignments (2 columns, just the batch # and the item). Each member of my team has a data entry sheet to fill out when they receive their items to work (over 50 sheets total). I am needing a way to chart percentages of final outcomes (completed, cancelled or already done) for a specific batch. It would need to look across all 50 sheets, however these sheets do not include a batch number, just the item (all unique) and the outcome.

Is there a way to do this? I couldn't figure out how to do it in a report since the assignment sheet and the data entry sheets are formatted differently, but ultimately I need a chart rather than a report. I would prefer something that doesn't require me to make modifications to the data entry sheets because of how many there are. Any suggestions welcome and thank you in advance!

Answers

• JSanita
    JSanita ✭✭✭✭

I'm wondering if perhaps using a single sheet for all and have a form that each team member can fill in for data entry might be a better way to go. If it's a matter of you not wanting them to see each other's information, you could use a dynamic view. The dynamic view could be for the team members to view and it can be filtered automatically for them to see only their assignment.

At that point, if the overall sheet then also included the status, you can make a chart using that.

Hope that helps.