Control Center: 'Program Users' are not able to 'Change Owner' of their projects.

Options
Isaac Miller
Isaac Miller ✭✭
edited 11/07/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Individuals who are in my 'Program Users' smartsheet group are able to access and edit control center, but when they click the elipsis menu (three dots) for their project the only options they get are "View Logs" and "Delete". In the past they also had the option to "Change Owner". I've reviewed my program in control center and tested the issue by adding an individual instead of the group to 'Program Users' with the same results. Is this a change that Control Center made recently? It is burdensome for my admin team with "Additional Leads" permissions to have to transfer projects on behalf of project managers. I'm wondering if anyone has managed to solve this issue?

Thanks!

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Isaac Miller

You're correct in detailing the current behaviour: only Leads and Additional Leads can transfer ownerships of projects.

I'm checking with our internal teams to clarify if this was a recent change (and if we have documentation for you on this). I'll follow-up on this post when I have a more information.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Isaac Miller

I've confirmed that the current behaviour (only Leads and Additional Leads can transfer ownerships of projects) has always been the expected and defined behaviour in Control Center.

Based on your description, it sounds like perhaps the specific users who used to be able to transfer ownership were previously Additional Leads, and now are only Program Users.

Please submit your feature request to the Product team by creating an Idea Post in the Smartsheet Product Feedback and Ideas topic here in the Community. This will allow other users to vote on your enhancement idea!

Cheers,

Genevieve