Send Confirmation Email to Person who Submitted Form

How can I program a confirmation email to the submitter of the form? This is so extremely easy to do in other similar apps and somehow it appears impossible to do in Smartsheet. My company uses Smartsheet so I need to learn how to do it in Smartsheet. Please help.

P.s. To the Smartsheet team, if your solutions to questions asked years ago have become obsolete, it would be extremely helpful if you removed the posts. I've tried so many things that no longer even exist. Thanks.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @quijano.jf

I hope you're well and safe!

You can set the form so the users have to be logged in to Smartsheet, and then you can use the Created By column in an automated Alert Workflow to trigger when there's a new submission.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.