Sharing a Gannt plan - but viewers only see the left hand side (not the graphical gantt)

I've never really used the plan sharing, but now need to.

I used the "Publish" and "Read Only HTML" to get a link that can be shared, but the published plan when viewed from the link is just the Text Columns (Task Name, Start Date, End Date, Duration, etc) - and there is no actual Gantt visible showing the calendar and bars.

There's no way to scroll either. Here is an example plan just to illustrate:

What am I doing wrong?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Rob W

I hope you're well and safe!

You'd need to select the Read Only - Full option or create and Publish a Report.

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Rob W
    Rob W ✭✭

Kind of, yes. Kind of no :)

The Read Only (full) works, but requires a login and you view the plan using the SmartSheet App. The basic is just a link that anyone can click.

For my purposes I just want an easy way to share the Gantt with non-smartsheet users. I know most people will not sign up to SmartSheet just to view my plan (even the free version)!

The alternative is that I print the plan as a PDF an email it around . . . but then it isn't live.

Is the functionality of Read Only HTML designed that way? Just to show the Text but not the Calendar of the Gantt?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Rob W

You can change that option to work with anyone. (see below)

Would that work?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Rob W
    Rob W ✭✭

Ah ha! That works! Thanks :)

Now if only there was an option that could turn off the ability to download attachments in that view - it would be perfect. I have a lot of attachments in some of my plans that I can't let people have access to when sharing the plan. Maybe I'll send in a feature request!

However . . . . solved my main problem. Again thanks.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Rob W

Excellent!

Happy to help!

Yes, put in a feature request.

Please submit this as a Product Feedback or Idea (If it hasn't been added already) when you have a moment.

Here are two possible workarounds.

• "connect" the data to a so-called helper sheet that wouldn't include the attachments.
    • Add another row for the attachments and then have a Report reference the sheet without those rows.

Would any of those options help/work?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!