Workflow sending multiple mails instead of one mail

Options

Hi everyone,

Could I please ask for a sense check here? I have set up a Workflow as explained below and with screen shots of the same. 

DoB Calculation is the birthday of the person but we have used the current year instead of the birth year because the workflow will trigger when the "date is reached" in the DoB Calculation columns.

Once the criterion is met then there are three alerts i.e emails send to three different people informing about the birthday. One of the is me so I am informed of the email sent and also about the employee's birthday.

But I receive two emails instead of one. Hence I'm assuming that others are also receiving two emails.

Kindly look at the screen shots and help me resolve this issue.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @pdv90

I hope you're well and safe!

Can you're name be in more than one Contact Column? Are they Multi-Contact Columns?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• pdv90
    pdv90 ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Andree,

Thanks for your reply. I need some clarification on what you meant.

Third alert is where the mail is sent to me and its not from a contact list. it's sent to me by using the option "Send to specific people".

1st and 2nd alert is through contact list and these names are in a few columns throughout the sheet. But the contact columns referred have only one contact in it.

I hope I was clear in my explanation.

Best,

Priyadarshi Verma

• pdv90
    pdv90 ✭✭✭
    Options

I would also like to add, all the contact columns in the workflow automation have different names in them