What is wrong with my record a date automation?

Here it is,

Seemingly simple, but never runs, I cant understand why.

FYI... INT is a checkbox column which is formula based, referencing another sheet. Essentially once two interviewers complete an interview form the box changes from 0 to 1.

And then, I assumed that a date would be recorded in the Interview Date Column.

Spent way too long on this and cant for the life of me understand what I'm doing wrong, any ideas?

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Automations cannot be triggered by a cell containing a cell link or cross sheet reference. Do you NEED it to run immediately, or can it run on a timed basis such as daily or hourly?

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• BullandKhmer
    BullandKhmer ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 11/13/22

@Paul Newcome thanks man... but... INT doesnt directly reference another sheet.

The formula is: =IF(AND([INT 1]@row = 1, [INT 2]@row = 1), 1)

Where INT1 and INT2 are index matched off another sheet.

So therefore, the automation isnt triggered by a cell containing an automation.

Tell me why I'm wrong please?!

• BullandKhmer
    BullandKhmer ✭✭✭✭✭

Also, I dont think you can use record a date and time based automations together

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

The original source data is coming from another sheet. Even if your automation is not directly referencing those cross sheet references, the cell containing the desired trigger is. It doesn't have to be a direct reference for it to not work. Just a reference somewhere down the line.

But it can be used as a condition. You would just set up the automation to run (for example) daily at 9pm or even set up multiple automations so that each one is a different hour or every other hour.

And you can use a Record A Date automation at set times.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• BullandKhmer
    BullandKhmer ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Paul, I'd thought of that if I got really desperate, but wanted to avoid 24 more automations.

In the end I went for a formula solution... probably should've done that in the first place.